No-Bake Nutrabites for You and Your Dog!
I love the idea of treating my pets to something nutritious. And being able to use my own hands to make that something with ingredients I already have in my kitchen, well that’s what I call a win-win!
So, today we’re making No-Bake Nutrabites!
They’re soft, chewy, and full of vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. The best part is you can make half for your dogs, add some sweetener and make some for yourself, too (if you’re into sharing *snicker*) ...
The original recipe uses 1 cup of peanut butter, but we’ve split the amount with tahini (sesame seed butter) for a nutra-kick!
Sesame seeds are packed with protein and are a good source of calcium, vitamin B1, manganese, and copper. They have also been proven to help lower cholesterol and blood pressure. However, they are calorie-dense, so we recommend some exercise or play-time as well.
Because of their outer shell, sesame seeds aren’t digested until ground, so tahini is a safe and effective way to get the benefits of sesame seeds into your dog’s diet.
We’re also using PureForm Omega3 Golden Milled Flax to bind our ingredients. Unlike whole flax seeds, milled flax is easily digestible and is easily absorbed through the stomach and intestines.
Highly bioavailable, our flax seeds are micro-chopped to naturally preserve and stabilize the oils, while the fibre remains fine and fluffy for easy digestion.
There are three types of Omega-3 fats:
ALA is called an essential fat because it must be consumed in the diet.
It is important to note the ratio of Omega-3s in the diet compared to Omega-6s and Omega-9s. Omega-3 levels should be twice the amount as the others to promote optimum health.
Benefits of taking Omega3 Milled Flax include:
- Supporting brain function
- Maintaining healthy skin and coat
- Improving stool quality
- Helping reduce flatulence
Oats are the final ingredient in our Nutrabites. They are relatively high in proteins and fats, and are a good source of amino acids.
Oats contain a lot of fibre and antioxidants, such as linoleic acid and vitamin E, which can supplement your pet’s liver, skin and fur. Vitamins and minerals (including vitamin E, B vitamins, zinc, iron, and selenium), all play an important role in maintaining and improving overall health.
So, without further ado ... here’s our recipe for No-Bake Nutrabites
- ½ cup peanut butter (unsalted if possible)
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 4 Tbsp Pureform Omega3, Golden Milled Flax
Additional ingredients for your consumption (to add after your dog’s Nutrabites have been rolled):
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup or your preferred sweetener
- Optional: shredded coconut, hemp hearts, chocolate chips, cacao powder, chia seeds
- Mix everything together in a bowl or electric mixer until it binds into a malleable dough, add water if necessary.
- Wet or oil hands and roll into your preferred treat size.
- If you’re making Nutrabites for yourself, add the additional ingredients now.
- Mix and roll into YOUR preferred treat size.
- Put in the fridge for 30 min, or until desired hardness is achieved, and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge and use within a week.
Follow along with the video below & thanks for joining us in the kitchen! I hope you enjoy these as much as we did.
PureForm Pack Leader